The Law Offices of Gregory Krasovsky

Site name

USH1-B Work Visa Application

n today's world, more and more people are striving to connect their lives with the United States of America, go there for permanent residence and find a job. If you want to find a job in an American company, then you have such an opportunity. American immigration law establishes a certain procedure for entry and stay in the country. To do this, potential employees of US companies need to obtain an H1-B visa or a work visa. It should be noted that US immigration law also establishes other types of work visas. However, the H1-B visa is a standard work visa, which is most often used for employment in the United States, since any job that requires a bachelor's degree or higher can fall under the H-1B visa requirements. However, there are exceptions.


The peculiarity of applying for an H1-B work visa is that it is impossible to obtain it on your own on your own initiative. To start the procedure for obtaining this visa, you need to find an official employer in the United States of America, who is ready to confirm in writing the availability of a job in the state of his company. At the same time, employers sponsoring an H1B work visa can only be those entrepreneurs who already have more than 15% of employees who arrived in the United States on an H-1B work visa. Also, for new H1-B visa applications and the first visa extension, an additional $1,000 must be paid to fund the retraining program for American workers. Based on this, it is extremely important to find an employer who will be interested in your employment.


Please note that lawyers, economists and self-employed entrepreneurs may have problems obtaining an H1-B visa. From our experience, persons of the specified categories often receive refusals when registering for a visa. When applying for an H1-B visa, some discrepancy in related specialties is allowed, for example, a mathematician-programmer or an electronics engineer-physicist. At the moment, relevant and in-demand professions for getting a job in the United States are specialists in various scientific fields (technical and natural), mathematicians, programmers, engineers, specialists in narrowly focused industries (mining, oil production).


In our opinion, obtaining an H-1B work visa is an excellent way to move to the United States for permanent residence, since the presence of this visa provides the following additional benefits that are not available with visas of other categories:

  • the H-1B work visa allows residence in the United States for up to six years ( 2 times for 3 years);
  • the right to receive profits in the United States;
  • you can bring your next of kin (spouse and children under 21) with you to the United States. They receive an H-4 visa, but without permission to work. Children have the right to attend any school or college in the United States;
  • obtaining this visa does not require additional investments;
  • the possibility of switching to a green card (EB-2 / EB-3) while continuing to work in the company;
  • If you have a permanent job, you can apply for a Green Card.


However, the procedure for issuing this visa is quite complicated, because US immigration law has many nuances, especially considering that US law does not belong to the civil law system, unlike the United States and the European Union (excluding the United Kingdom). Therefore, the process of applying for an American H-1B work visa is quite time-consuming and costly. In this case, it is necessary to find an inviting employer, fill out a certain number of documents and pass an interview at a consular organization. Of course, you can get an H-1B work visa yourself, however, qualified legal assistance will eliminate the risks when applying for an H-1B work visa and significantly speed up the process of obtaining it. 


The lawyers and attorneys working with the law office of Gregory Krasovsky have many years of experience in this category of cases. It can be said that US immigration law, namely, the issuance of an H-1B work visa in the United States, is our strong point, because we, first of all, specialize in knowledge of international law. Gregory Krasovsky, head of legal advice, has worked in the United States of America for many years and has helped many clients successfully immigrate to the United States.


Our specialists will be able to provide you with the following professional assistance in obtaining an H-1B work visa in the United States:


  • fill out the appropriate forms and petitions;
  • complete an application form DS-160;
  • find an employer, prepare and submit an invitation from the employer for relocation and official employment in the United States;
  • prepare a written contract between the employer and you on the implementation of labor activities;
  • obtain a license to engage in certain activities that require licensing (for example, for pharmaceutical workers);
  • pay the consular fee in the prescribed amount;
  • prepare an application to the immigration service (if necessary, transfer to another employer);
  • translate and certify documents on immigration cases;
  • prepare and record the client for an interview at the immigration services;
  • prepare and submit documents confirming graduation from educational institutions in the United States;
  • prepare and submit a certificate from the current or former employer confirming the position, total work experience in the company and income;
  • collect, prepare and submit to consular offices additional certificates confirming financial solvency (if necessary);
  • assist in obtaining a visa permit in the event of a denial of an H-1B work visa;
  • extend the validity of the H-1B work visa while continuing to carry out official labor activities in the United States (this visa is extended twice for a period of two years);
  • defend in court against deportation from the United States;
  • cancel the court decision on deportation from the United States;
  • help in obtaining US citizenship;
  • collect and prepare the necessary documents for obtaining US citizenship;
  • obtain immigration status to obtain US citizenship;
  • carry out claim work;
  • represent the interests of the client in court;
  • prepare procedural documents (claims, petitions, reviews, appeals);
  • prepare and conclude any necessary types of international legal agreements between the parties to the case;
  • achieve execution of decisions of foreign courts on the territory of the United States and decisions of American courts abroad.

In addition, lawyers and attorneys working with The Law Office of Gregory Krasovsky support litigations on the enforcement of foreign judgments in the United States and judgments issued in the United States in foreign courts.


Please note that our specialists provide legal services for obtaining an H-1B work visa in the United States, both on the territory of the United States and on the territory of foreign countries. Knowledge of Russian, Spanish and Ukrainian languages ​​is an additional advantage of our specialists.


The lawyers and attorneys working with the law office of Gregory Krasovsky will competently help citizens of Ukraine, Russia, the European Union or other states in obtaining an H-1B work visa to the United States, and protect your interests in judicial and state bodies like the United States, as well as abroad.


To make our services as easily available as possible, the law office of Gregory provides its services for obtaining an H-1B work visa in the United States in both in-person and remote formats.


When contacting our specialists, you will receive a qualified legal assessment, which includes a forecast on the possibility of resolving your issue on obtaining an H-1B work visa in the United States. The lawyers and attorneys working with Krasovsky and Partners value their professional reputation and take only those cases that should end in a positive resolution of your issue.

Please, fill all fields