Prenuptial Agreements With Foreign Citizens
In modern times, the borders between countries are steadily blurring, which impacts not only political or economic relations, but first and foremost, family relations. It is becoming practically the norm that citizens of the United States of America enter marriages with representatives of foreign states. Unfortunately, such unions are often not long-term, as spouses face differences in character, attitude, lifestyles, worldview, and religion. Often such marriages are fictitious, at least on the part of one of the spouses, who binds himself by marriage to obtain citizenship of the United States of America or claim the property of the other party. In order to save yourself from stress in a possible divorce procedure and retain ownership of your property, including real estate and vehicles, we recommend entering into a prenuptial agreement (contract) before marrying foreigners. At the same time, the execution of a marriage agreement (contract) with citizens of foreign states has its own nuances and differences, which often cannot be sorted out without the help of a qualified lawyer.
Lawyers and advocates working with the law office of Gregory Krasovsky have many years of experience in this category of cases. It can be said that resolving issues related to concluding a marriage contract with foreigners is our strong point, because we, first of all, specialize in knowledge of international law. Gregory Krasovsky, head of the legal consultancy, has worked abroad for many years and has a serious practice in international legal cases, including family disputes. It is in accordance with these criteria that the team of lawyers and attorneys at Krasovsky Law Firm was selected.
Lawyers and lawyers working with the law office of Gregory Krasovsky will provide you with professional assistance in resolving issues related to entering into a marriage contract with citizens of foreign countries and will be able to:
- professionally conduct a mediation procedure (settlement of the issue with the involvement of a professional negotiator)
- prepare and conclude any necessary types of international legal agreements between the parties to the case
- achieve the fulfillment of the marriage agreement (contract) both on the territory of the United States of America, United States of America, and on the territory of foreign states
- ensure notarization of the marriage agreement (contract)
- determine the property rights and obligations of the spouses in the marriage agreement (contract) both in relation to those already acquired in marriage and in the future, and also, if desired and agreed, we will include in the agreement the premarital personal property of each of the spouses
- indicate in the marriage agreement (contract) credit obligations and the procedure for their repayment, that the debt will be paid by the spouse in whose name the funds are borrowed, and the encumbered property will become his or her property
- in case of registration of a mortgage, notify the creditor - the bank - of the conclusion of the marriage agreement (contract)
- indicate in the marriage agreement (contract) that the creditor of the debtor spouse will have the right to demand a change in the conditions or termination of the agreement concluded between them, if the solvency and/or asset portfolio of the debtor change significantly
- establish in the marriage agreement (contract) the regime of separate ownership, both for all property and for individual objects
- determine in the marriage agreement (contract) the procedure for dividing property in the event of a divorce
- indicate in the marriage agreement (contract) the amount of money for the financial support of the former spouse
- draw up the text of the marriage agreement (contract), limiting the rights of the other party as much as possible.
You can learn more about the solution of these and other issues in the relevant sections of the International Law Services webpages.
Our qualified specialists will select for you the best form of concluding a marriage contract (contract), as well as prepare for you a complete list of documents necessary for its execution. When rendering services to clients, we rely on the fact that the fact of concluding a marriage agreement (contract) in the United States of America must be recognized by the legislation of other states.
Please note that lawyers and lawyers working with Gregory Krasovsky's Law Firm provide legal services for concluding a marriage agreement (contract) with foreigners both on the territory of the United States of America and on the territory of foreign states. Knowledge of English, Russian, and Ukrainian languages is an additional advantage of our specialists.
At the same time, we protect the interests of not only American citizens, but also citizens of foreign states and stateless persons. Lawyers working with the law office of Gregory Krasovsky will competently help you in resolving legal situations in which a citizen of Ukraine, the Russian Federation, the European Union, or other countries is a party, they will protect your interests in the judicial and state bodies of both the United States of America and abroad. Therefore, not only citizens of the United States of America, but also citizens of other states and stateless persons can contact us regarding the conclusion of a marriage agreement (contract).
The lawyers working with the Law Office of Gregory Krasovsky have partners who provide relevant legal services in the European Union, which significantly increases the efficiency of our work in resolving issues related to international family law.
At the same time, these services are also provided by lawyers and advocates working with the law office of Gregory Krasovsky on the territory of foreign states.
Considering modern realities, lawyers and advocates working with the Law Office of Gregory Krasovsky additionally provide services for concluding a marriage agreement (contract) with foreigners in a remote format.
When contacting our specialists, you will receive a qualified legal assessment, which includes a forecast of the possibility of resolving your issue regarding the conclusion of a marriage agreement (contract) with foreigners. Lawyers and advocates working with the law office of Gregory Krasovsky value their professional reputation and take only those cases that should end in a positive resolution of your issue.
Trust between clients and the lawyer is the most important condition of our work. 75% of clients repeatedly turn to us for legal assistance. Trust the professionals!